Monday, October 7, 2013

Tempo + speed

In Sewanee on a cool Monday evening, about 60º at sunset.  Gorgeous sunny dry day.   I was sharing  the stadium this evening with the lacrosse team that was practicing on the field.

I was hampered slightly by a chest cold today.  Have been sleeping outside on my porch in Sewanee.

I've been maintaining an every other day schedule on the track the last 5 days in anticipation of a week or so off to go hiking in the Smokies.  Today, I did the usual ball buster + some 100s.
Saucony Virrata trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 400m with 2 min rest - 66, 69, 74, 79 
2 x 100m - 13, 13
Felt pretty good, but hard.   Reached flat out speed in the 100s.  Shouldn't have run the first 400 as fast but it felt so easy.  I paid in the end as I was dragging my ass around on the last one.

Next up, more of this.....









1 comment: