Monday, October 28, 2013

300s in Sewanee



Did a speed endurance workout today in Sewanee.  At 12:30pm there was the usual Sewanee 'mizzle' which increased to a drizzle after my warmup, but it stopped, thankfully but the track was wet.  It was an overcast 54º pretty much all day.   The scene was serene, quiet.

After my first few sprints, a soccer player showed up and was practicing field goals with uneven success, however, I did see him kick one 50 yd field goal.  I occasionally returned balls to him when I was on that side of the track.

I ran today a little under race pace, 15 sec/100m.
Saucony Virratas on 
500m warmup, stretches, drills 
6 x 300m - 44, 45, 46, 47, 46, 48
These workouts are the most common ones I did last season, I used to always do these in spikes, but not now.  I do think the limited rest interval tempo endurance are more beneficial, but much more painful.  When I do this workout with 2 min rest in between, I'm running much slower,  51-53 sec., but that's ok.  Today, I took more rest.

Weight is OK.  In the 142's after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment