Thursday, December 6, 2012

Indoor with the team

I worked with the MTSU track team today, did some 300s, 200s, and gun starts.  


Everything felt pretty good, but I can tell I'm not in top shape.

I've felt some minor aches but nothing serious.   I'm going to sign up for the 400m and 200m, but may scratch from the 200 if I feel any strains.

I showed and explained to Coach Hayes and Coach Kelly the principles and technique behind the 'animal start'.   They were both underwhelmed.

Mile warmup, stretches, drills 
Walmart training shoes on 
300m and 2 x 200m with team - untimed 
back up Puma Bolt spikes on 
4 gun starts at the 400m start line with team
The back up pair of Pumas is unable to hold crowns in a few spike holds due to stripping (that's why I bought a new pair for Nationals).  I may use them anyway without crowns in those holes or go to the Nike R3s for the meet.

Most remarkably, I am down to race weight... a loss of 7+ lbs in 3 days.
Post workout weight is 139.4.  I credit that to elimination of carbs for just 2 days and eliminating hunger by drinking cappuccino.


No comments:

Post a Comment