Wednesday, December 12, 2012

2013 season

My tentative 2013 schedule is beginning to take shape.  (see sidebar)

Locally, I have a total of 5 possible college indoor meets, and 3 college outdoor meets.  In addition, if I want to drive 2+ hrs to Birmingham, I could do another March meet outdoors.   If I can get permission (which is very doubtful), I could compete in the SAA (NCAA Div III) outdoor conference championship meet which is being hosted by Sewanee on April 27.   I'm definitely not doing the Penn Relays this year.

The new SAA is a good conference for me to compete in.  Small meets, performance level where I won't finish last, etc...  The only problem is that besides Sewanee, the colleges are 2+ to 6 hrs away (KY, GA, MS, AL).   The closest venues are Birmingham AL, Danville KY, and Memphis TN.

If I decided to not go to the Masters National Indoor meet, the Vanderbilt Black and Gold meet is that same weekend.

So, a total of 8 LOCAL college meets this season (including last weekend's MTSU meet).  A few optional out of town meets, and then in May-June, the Senior Games district meets, some state meets and all-comers meets.   Masters Nationals July 11-14 in Kansas.  That's an early end to the season compared to last year.   (I'm not really interested in doing the National Senior Games in late July).

I'm thinking I'll probably do somewhere around a dozen meets this year - compared to 17 in 2012, and 15 in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment