Saturday, January 6, 2024

tempo 3x300m, weight pulls












Typical Sewanee winter weather.  41º, shifting light winds, wet track, thick fog with visibility about 60m.  Today was my 4th day on the track in 5 days.   Foot a bit sore from yesterday's race, but I got it done.  The unholy trinity 3x3w/3, and it wasn't slow.  





Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m

3 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 48.68, 50.32, 50.79 (49.93 avg)

2 x 80 yd weight pulls w/ 90 lbs on turf

A respectable avg for the 3x3 set considering the conditions and fatigue from yesterday's race.  I could probably slow it down to 51 or 52 and get 4x in, not sure I want to suffer that much.  

I did the longest weight pulls w/ harness I've ever done, probably due to the turf being moist and less friction.   

Planning to be on the track Mon, Wed, Thurs, and meet Sat.  The catch with the Vandy meet is that I just registered and didn't ask permission, so if they deny me entry, I hope they do it before Thurs noon so I can get into Sun's Emory meet in Birmingham by the deadline.  

139.8 lbs after workout.   

No comments:

Post a Comment