Friday, January 5, 2024

First race, indoor season begins - meet report

AL vs The South" meet at the Crossplex.  I did achieve my goal and ran under 60 and for now, a world lead: 

400m - 59.60 













It's actually slightly faster than my season opener last yr, and a quarter second faster than my National Championship race in Louisville last yr  (59.84).   So, I'm ok with it.   

It was supposed to be just me and David C., a 72 yr old elite, but they threw two 19 yr olds in with us.  It was ok, no interference.  One was a good bit ahead, the other, a good ways behind.  I finished second in my heat, ahead of one of the teens.  Only 2 of us broke a minute in the whole meet, it was that small.  

I ran extremely conservatively and didn't rig up at all.  My splits were about 28.8 / 30.8.  I could've pushed the first half a bit more.  Based on this, I'd really like to break 59 at Vandy next weekend.  Fast track.  Every bit as fast as an outdoor track.   

One of the teens said, "Under a minute at your age?  Oh my goodness!"

David ran 65.85.  Duane (M60) was there and ran a good 60m.   We all ran WL times, for now... but it's early.   

It was an extremely small, slow moving and quiet meet.  Was cool to see all the little kids race, some as young as 4.  

Was 139.7 lbs after I got back.  

Will probably be out tomorrow again.  Rain on and off during the day.  



David will be 73 this season.  World class in M70.   Sprinting make you young.



   Kids as young as 4 getting ready to race.  

No comments:

Post a Comment