Friday, January 19, 2024

indoor tempo 150s, 200


Second workout in a row at the Sewanee indoor track.  Not my favorite place to train but without this track, I wouldn't be running at all.  Happy to have the place to myself.   Another blast of severe cold tonight through the weekend.  Will be in the single digits Fº next 2 nights and below freezing til Mon.   Main roads are ok but all others are ice.

I feel like I've lost fitness due to the weather interruptions of my training and change of plans not to go to ATL.  I'm also a bit heavier today and I'm not certain about going to the meet on Sun.  Unless I get a good lane, I probably won't go.  Even with a good lane, I doubt I can improve on my last weekend's time.  Should find out my lane draw tomorrow and make a decision.  The cold weather disappears but then there's rain for a week.  Track won't be clear by Monday, so my next outdoor track workout will be not until Friday.  


 

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2 x 100m

3 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest - 22.14, 23.30, 24.40

200m - 27.93

2 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest - 22.31, 24.10

Really tiring as I'm not in peak shape.  Hard to hold form on those turns.   The track has 2x55m turns and only 2x22.5m straights.  It's like running in a circle.  Now I'm not sure I want to race on those turns.  Tough place to race a 400m when the straightaways are only 22m.

140.0 lbs after workout  


Now is the dead of winter....

The snow falls hard and don't you know?   The winds of Thor are blowing cold

Snow drives back the foot that's slow...   The dogs of doom are howling more

That song always reminded me of cold dark winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment