Saturday, January 20, 2024

Racing for exercise

I'm going to race in Birmingham tomorrow.  The Sewanee team apparently cancelled.   I have low expectations because I've lost so much training time and fitness that I don't expect to improve on my times from last week.  Goal is just to break a minute.   (The last time I did this - ran 3 weekends in a row - I  ran that really bad race at the Emory meet - 61, from lane 2).   Since I have lane 5 in a full heat of mostly college freshman, I'll go.  It'll be crowded because most of these kids are slow (for college) and they have 6 lanes full.    With the weather as it is, I just need the training.  I probably won't be ready to race again til SE Masters in 3 weeks since school is starting next week.  The weather really has knocked me off my routine.  Also, foot is sore from 2 days in a row on that tight indoor track.  Did 1000m+ of sprints in there last night.  

Bought a second pair of Rocket X2 trainers so I can alternate them.  Found them for $172 + tax and shipping.  Regularly $250.   I really need to get on ebay and start selling off some of my shoes.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment