Monday, December 4, 2023

hill training, bike and 150s

 Last boat trip of the year and it's been a good one.  Yesterday, met Bill M. for a bike up Raccoon mtn,  and did it in near PR time although I didn't time it, ~34 min to the E. Overlook.   Weather was great, sunny, low 60ºs.










Today, Monday, it was a tad cooler and windy, upper 50ºs on Raccoon Mtn. 

Hoka Clifton 1 trainers on

stretches, mile bike warmup

6 x 150m hill sprints - 27.59, 25.90, 24.97, 25.15, 25.30, 26.01

These were quite a bit faster than my first set of these last weekend.  First was really a warmup.  The fourth one felt the best and the least effort.  The third was pretty much all out and exhausting.   I took a good amount of rest but certainly not full.   Running a 150m hill under 25 isn't bad.  

My hill.












I'm glad I went out today because if I do race on the 16th, I can go every other day from now til then.   Wednesday is going to be real cold, windchill about freezing, hopefully there will be sun and not too much wind.  

I think I'm doing ok with my weight although I don't have a scale out here of course, been eating mostly high protein (chicken breast) and fat (nuts).  Only carbs are from sugar, juice, and an occasional cracker.

Last boat trip of the year, spending my last night tonight.  Will be in the 30ºs by morning.  Quite a wind on the river mid afternoon.  1 to 1.5' waves going against the current.  



















No comments:

Post a Comment