Saturday, December 23, 2023

Bike climb, hill sprints

Thurs did a hard bike climb up Roark's Cove Rd in 21 min flat, and then traveled to FL on Friday to visit parents.   There is not a track here available for regular use so I run this ~170m hill just outside my parents house on the sidewalk.  The last time I did this was July 4 weekend in '21 when I came down here for a track meet and it was canceled. 

Hoka trainers on

stretches

10 x 170m hill sprints ~ 29.5 sec

It was tough, even taking ample rest between the last 3, more rest than just walking down.  The first one was 32, then 30, then all others were under 30 sec, last 2 under 29 sec.   It's comparable to running a 200m.  This was a big volume workout for me.

Packed an old pair of Clifton 1s for this workout.   I may go out xmas morning because that's the day the local masters track club has reserved at the local track.  It truly sucks because it's between 7-9am.   I never train at that time, and there's no bathroom there. 

About 141 lbs after workout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment