Friday, October 13, 2023

3x300 tempo

Good training weather in Sewanee, save for a S wind up the homestretch.  Cloudy, 63º with occasional light mizzle, a unique feature of this micro climate.   Trying to fight my way into shape, little by little.  About the same time on avg as my last attempt at 3x3w/3.   Looking back at last year at this time, was doing more volume and overdistance foundation.  I did this same set 1.5 sec faster on avg a year ago, but I was a few lbs lighter.   Maybe I'll try a 600m next time.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 100m, bands

Hoka Rocket X2s on

3 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 51.59, 51.97, 55.20  (52.92 avg)

Body is starting to adapt to the task.  My foot tolerated the workout quite well.  If I keep total volumes less than 1000m, I should be ok.  Will up it in the future when I start 4x3s.

Weather change coming.  Temperatures only reaching 50º by Sun and Mon.  Stocked with firewood and with this new efficient wood fireplace insert, I doubt I will use my HVAC heat pump much at all this winter.  

A little lighter today, 141.0 lbs


2 comments:

  1. No report on your Dr.’s opinion of your blood work. You said you had lots of questions. Anything interesting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said, 'don't worry, keep it up.' Typical.

      Delete