Saturday, October 21, 2023

2x300, 2x100

Nice day Friday with temps about 63º and a W wind.  I did a little conditioning and speed.  

Hoka trainer on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m

Hoka Rocket X2 trainers on

2 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 49.16, 49.91

Adidas Takumi sen 9 trainers on

100m - 13.28

Hoka Rocket X2 trainers on

100m - 13.18

Thought about a 3x3w/3 tempo set but my first one was too fast.  If I were to get 3x, I should start no faster than 50.5.   The second pushed my HR pretty high and several minutes later, I was still at 136 bpm.  I ran the first 100m anyway and curiously, my HR dropped to 130 bpm shortly after.   Put the Hokas back on for the last 100m for comparison purposes and wow, they are even good in short sprints.   

141.0 lbs after workout.

Was on my feet all day today, cutting down a tree then splitting and stacking the wood, and some general outdoor cleanup and various projects.   Tomorrow evening, planning to do the big bike climb with Bill M. and check out the boat in preparation for a possible trip to the Smokies on Friday.  I replaced the 155 lb 8D battery in the boat on Thurs night.  Quite a feat, lifting that thing into the boat and installing it in a small space.   Weighs more than I do.   Fall boating season is here and the weather looks awesome for the near future.  Forecast for the river trip tomorrow, mid 70ºs to upper 40ºs Sunday and Monday.  Next weekend for NC: mid to upper 70ºs to mid 50ºs Fri - Sun, mostly sunny and no rain.     

No comments:

Post a Comment