Sunday, April 10, 2022

I'm back ... again

Beautiful weather, in the 70ºs and sunny, south wind.   First track workout in almost 8 weeks since a slight reinjury on 2/15.  I started today with short straight intervals, a moderate 'safe' speed.  

Results and impressions:  Tolerated it well.  Man, I'm out of shape.  This is going to take a while.   It was great to put the Clifton 1s on again.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, massage gun, 50m high knees, 100m stride

6 x 100m w/ 30 sec rest, avg 16.7

2 x 100m - 14.8, 13.9

I rested and pushed the last 2 a little, still remaining cautious.  Felt fine.  The tempo 100s were really hard in my present shape.  I was doing 10X w/30 sec in Feb.   Only the last one really felt good, tall and strong, like a sprint.   I'm thinking I may even go out on Tues again if I feel no soreness.  So far so good.  Testing it afterward with RDLs and bands, I feel the injury only very very slightly.  No real pain or while running.  Still, I need to be patient.

Yesterday, it was much colder, I biked up the mountain in 24 min.  Friday night, I weighed an astonishing 149.5 lbs.  So, yesterday, I ate very little and only ate after workout this Sunday evening.  I'm definitely overweight about 4-5 lbs.  

143.9 lbs after workout, almost 6 lbs less than I was 40 hrs ago.  As I get lighter, stronger, the workouts will be more meaningful.  Still tolerating the usual foot pain, but not any worse than it has been.  Did a little less aggressive rehab last few days to allow for maximum healing before running.   

It's going to take a while.  Even if I'm able to jump right in to 3 track workouts a week, I probably won't be race ready much before Memorial day.  

Definitely overweight.  Even a little bit of fat shows up in training tights.

No comments:

Post a Comment