Tuesday, April 19, 2022

800

 Cool, dry, and sunny in Sewanee today, low 50ºs.  Decided it's time for foundation so ran an 800m.  It was rough.

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills, 2 x 100m, bands

800m - 2:40.47 (74.88, 85.59)

100m stride ~ 16

It was hard in my present shape.  Back in Oct, I was doing a lot of 2x800m workouts, early in the month, averaging 2:56ish, then down to 2:46 by the end of the month.  On 1/23 I ran a 1x800m workout in 2:34.5, so maybe be a few weeks before I'm there.  I was 2 lbs less then.  Still limiting my volume.  I wanted to do more but if I cool down too much, I'm risking injury if I go again.  I did a final 100m stride and it was stiff, slow, and clunky.  

So, next week I'll try a modest return to my routine of overdistance, speed, tempo.  I think my first tempo workout I may try a 3x300 w/2:30, or something similar.  Injury slowly improving - but not gone.  Can feel it slightly after the run.  Did some long lever heel bridge lifts on the hurdle after the run.  I think it would be a tall order to break 2:20 in an 800m by end of June at this point, but we'll see how it goes.

Weight is coming down, 142.8 after workout.

Went for a brief hike afterward.    Climbing up Green's View is a nice little workout in itself.  Wildflowers are blooming but spring is late. 







No comments:

Post a Comment