Tuesday, April 12, 2022

150s

Did a brief workout today and I'm slowly bringing up the distance.  Partly sunny, about 70º with S wind in Sewanee on this perfect spring day.  Felt a tad sore from my first track workout on Sunday and the RDLs I've been doing... not to mention the bike up the mtn last 3 of 4 days.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, foam roller, 50m high knees, 100m stride

100m - 14.97

3 x 150m - 22.00, 21.17, 20.63

After a cautious 100m, I ran these running the turn in the opposite direction (R turn) and they felt ok.  My last one was just over a second above 400m race pace.  My first 100m (of my last 150) was 13.60   I didn't want to do any more because I'm still easing back in.  These were still pretty quick although nothing close to all out.  Next time I may try a longer slow foundation run.   I won't run stairs on Thurs but return to the track on Friday if all feels well.   Need to start building volume.  My speed is sufficient for some meaningful tempo suffering, and it will be hard.

After the workout, took a hike down into the beautiful wildflowers.  Love this time of year.  

Finally getting my weight under control.  Gave up bread for a while.  A little intermittent fasting.  Finding good food substitutes ... low carb konjac noodles, turnip fries instead of potato.  Good stuff.   

142.8 lbs after workout.  



No comments:

Post a Comment