Monday, April 18, 2022

Another opportunity

Just got notice that there is a masters exhibition event I might qualify for.  At the USATF National Championships (not masters!) - the elite USA qualification meet for the IAAF World Championships, there will be a Masters exhibition M60 800m event on Sunday to begin Sunday's June 26 competition schedule.  The meet's official title is the Toyota USATF Outdoor Championships and will be in Eugene, OR at Hayward.
Applications aren't due for over a month, so no rush. 

Now, I'm no way in shape to race an 800m,  but it's 9 weeks away. There are a probably more than a few M60 800m guys faster than me, and I hate the 800m, BUT ...  It's at Hayward Field!   I wouldn't even consider it if it were anywhere else.  I think I should be able to get in since I took Silver in the 800m at Nationals last yr and it's only open to US citizens.   It would be a good training run for me, and an opportunity that might not repeat itself.   If I did decide to go to Finland, I'd have to leave just a few days after returning.  Anyway, something to think about.  Take a tour...  it's quite a place. Track of dreams.

Very cold in Sewanee today, had been in the low 40ºs and drizzly all day but late this afternoon the sun has come out and it might make it to 50º.   Doing strengthening and a bike ride.  Had the fire going all day and soup on the oven.  Could be a final frost tonight.  Mid 50ºs tomorrow and sunny.  Maybe I should run an 800m?








No comments:

Post a Comment