Tuesday, April 26, 2022

600s and weight pulls

 Nice weather for a workout, 60º and sunny, light north wind in Sewanee.   I'm registered for World Championships in Finland.   I think I can be ready in time but it's going to be a world of pain to get ready.  

The quickest way to get there is by doing overdistance and tempo.  Again, 600s today and then some weighted 40m sprints.  The 600s were brutal, of course.  But the good news, my body is holding up and the injury is just about gone!  I've been waiting a long time to say that.  I felt it after Friday's 600s, but not today.  My feet even felt a tad better.  The body is adapting to the training... slowly.   

Because the lacrosse team left their gear all over lane 1, I measured out a 600m in lane 6 with my metric wheel.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

2 x 600m - 1:47.40, 1:50.70

6 x 40m sprints on turf with 45 lb plate

About 3 sec faster than my last set of 600s.  The short sprints felt ok.  

142.1 lbs after workout.


 

Looks like registration is now complete for the World Championships.  37 registered for the M60 400m, five seeded under 59, just myself and Mike V. seeded under 58.  I can be fairly certain there will not be 3 rounds.  If 32 show up, that's 4 heats.  So, winner of each heat and next 4 on time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment