Sunday, April 17, 2022

400, 300

Beautiful day in Sewanee, mid 60ºs and mostly cloudy, light winds.  Quiet, had the track to myself.  Wanted to push the distance a bit today, but not the speed  Still low volume.  Only 800m total.  

Hoka trainers on 

Stretches, drills, bands, 2 x 100m

100m - 14.62

400m - 63.48 (30.65, 32.83)

300m - 44.71

Yep, that's it.  All I wanted to do as my body adapts to the load and the injury continues to heal.  At this rate, I should be race ready by my goal of May 28.   The 400m was a confidence builder, as it was of course not full out, and felt no lactic, telling me I'm probably in shape to run close to 60 - 61.  But, I truly am out of 400m shape and it's going to be a struggle to get it back.  Hopefully by next week, I can increase my volume a bit.  No hurry to increase the speed.  In 2 weeks I hope to get back to a 'normal' training cycle with 1 day over distance, 1 day intensive tempo, and one day long speed.  

Weight slowly coming down.  143.5 lbs after workout

World Masters Indoor Canceled 

The news came down this weekend that Edmonton has canceled the WMACi World Indoor Championships for next winter/spring.   This is 11 months away and is literally at the last minute to find a host.  It is actually not out of the realm of possibility that there may NOT be a World Indoor Championship in '23 since Edmonton backed out so late in the game.  It gives me more of an impetus to go to Finland for this summer's world Championships.  I was leaning against it, somewhat strongly, but since my health is steadily improving and the prospects for no World Indoor meet, have me reconsidering.  So far, the registration turnout is small but that will change as we get closer to the deadline.  I may register to keep my options open.  


No comments:

Post a Comment