Monday, November 9, 2020

One and done, 400m

Yesterday was the peak of fall color on the mountain in Sewanee and it was accompanied by stellar weather, mid 70ºs and mostly sunny.  I had just been to the track Friday and I didn't get out there until after 4pm, so I didn't want to do too much.   Low 70ºs and occasional light wind.  

After a warmup, I ran a brisk 400m and called it a day.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100m, 50m strider

400m - 59.54 (27.93 / 31.61)

By no means was this an all out time trial.  I had set a goal of 29 / 31 pace (14/15/15/16).   My first 200m was 13.25/14.68, and I did run it with a 3 step flying start.  15.35 /16.26 was my last 200m so I was a bit slow there.  

This was a good result considering I'm truly in the off season.  Haven't even been lifting, doing resistance, or cross training. Not particularly light either, a nominal 144.3 lbs.    Running my age minus one in trainers in the off season is a good sign of general fitness, my time today would rank #4 in the world M60.   My world leading time of 57.49 has continued to hold at the top for 3 1/2 months now.  

Today, I'm taking the boat to the river to meet Bill and do the Raccoon Mtn. climb.  The weather has been unseasonably warm and the view from my house in the morning sun is unbelievably beautiful.  Glad my parents were here to see this.




1 comment:

  1. GLAD TOO!!! Mom and I truly appreciated your hospitality and miss seeing you as frequently as we would like!! Continued love and good health.... Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete