Friday, November 13, 2020

6x200

Low 60ºs and sunny and breezy at the St. Andrews track today.  Wanted to do the 150 tempo workout today on turf but both the turf fields in Sewanee were occupied by sports teams.  

So, I ran on the track instead.  The field is natural grass and a bit too irregular to train on, but I did my warmup runs on it.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100m strides

2x 200m w/ 1 min rest ~ avg 30-31

2x 200m w/ 1 min rest ~ avg 31

2 x 200m - 30, 29

These weren't fast, just maintenance.  The last 200m was the fastest and the hardest.

When I got to the track, St Andrews was a ghost ship, no one there except there were these 2 faculty just leaving the area.  They looked at me as if they'd never seen a track athlete on that track in their life.  They continued to gawk at me for several minutes, shading their faces as they looked directly into the setting sun.  It was weird.  They apparently made a call to report me and about 20 min later, one of the track coaches came up to me in a golf cart.  Dan seemed like a good guy, almost 20 yrs my junior and quite obese.  I introduced myself as a Sewanee faculty member.  He informed me the campus was closed due to covid.  I responded, "Well, I guess that means there's no one here and there's no threat."  He agreed  said, 'ok, carry on, and nice to meet you.'   LOL   Perhaps he had a modicum of respect for a guy old enough to be his dad, solo on the track, sprinting 200m repeats.

I think my foot took a bit of a beating today so I hope the turf will be available next time.

I've gained some weight but ate light today.  144.3 lbs after workout.



No comments:

Post a Comment