Saturday, November 21, 2020

300, 150s, 100

Perfect day in Sewanee, sunny mid 60ºs by sunset.  The wheels felt pretty good today so I decided to run some on the track and on turf.  This every 4th day seems to be working ok with cross training in between.  Tomorrow and possibly Monday, I'm doing the hill climb on the bike.  

Also, tried a new pair of Hokas today, the Rincons.  I'll post a review at some point.

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills, 2 x 100m strides

50m - 85%

300m - 42.69 (27.60, 15.09)

3 x 150m on turf with 30 sec rest ~ 23.5 - 25

rolling 150m on track - 19.09

rolling 100m on track - 12.45

I used my Clifton 1s for the 300m and the new Rincons for the rest.   The 300m was a bit slower than I had hoped, since it was a 90% effort.  It was with a rolling start, splits were 13.25, 14.35, 15.09.   Probably about 60sec 400m pace.  Would have to do a lot of work to get back to the level I was in July.  

The 300m was sufficiently hard that I cut my 4x150m w/30 sec to 3x150m.  Then I ran a hard 150 and a 100.  The 100m was pretty good.  I like the new Rincons for low volume short sprints.  I still think the Hoka Clifton 1s are better, softer, more protective, and weigh almost exactly the same as the Rincons.  The Rincons are a really good shoe, got them slightly used on Ebay for about half price.  I like the fit, good lockdown, a little stiffer than the Cliftons.  What I didn't realize is that they came with a heavy aftermarket insole, which I removed and replaced after the workout with a lighter Saucony insole.  I'll still default to the Cliftons when I do a heavier volume workout.  This shoe might be good for max velocity and time trials.  I'll do a full review in a different post.

Weight is ok:  144.0 lbs after workout.

More results are being posted in Masters Rankings.  Looks like Italy had a huge masters meet in Oct. The Italian Masters National championships yielded about 2400 results posted to Masters Rankings.  And, the Aussies are just getting their spring/summer season underway.  Just waiting for my world leading 400m time to disappear, but still hanging in there at #1 after a full 4 months.  Looks like America's last and biggest masters meet is going to be the FL Senior Games in 2 weeks.  Kinda wish I had planned to run that meet because I think I could easily get the M60 400m record which is just 60.19, but I just don't think it's worth the risk to fly and I'll be driving down to see my parents soon after that.  


Hoka Rincon trainers


No comments:

Post a Comment