Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Many bike climbs and a brief track session

Cramming a whole lot of late season boating this week.  Met Bill M. at Raccoon Mtn. on Sunday for the climb and then repeated it Monday and Tuesday.  Today, after the rain, I hit the track for a brief running workout.  Upper 50's and windy at the Sewanee track.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 50m and 150m strider

300m - 44.45 

'split 400m' - 45.09 / 60 sec rest / 100m 15.69

I did this workout in the new Rincons, and they really felt fast, problem is, I wasn't very fast today.  I didn't want to waste myself on the first 300m, so I ran it fairly measured but was still surprised it was almost 2 sec slower than the one I ran Sat.  I finished with a 'split 400m' also fairly slow.  Perhaps due to 4 consecutive days of workouts.  

These long tough bike climbs don't necessarily translate to speed, they really tighten up the quads.  But, they are good for overall health, burning calories, and aerobic fitness.  I'm generally between 126 -140 heart rate for about 40 -45 min.  Comparable to doing stairmaster or any cardio type workout.  144.9 after workout.

I'm planning on going to back out on the boat Thurs and Friday.   If I do the climb Thursday and Friday, that will be 7 days in a row of doing a workout.  I'm cramming workouts in because I'll  be busy winterizing my boat on Saturday and will need to take some time off because of bad weather coming.  It's supposed to be sunny near 70º tomorrow and Friday, then by Monday night, bitter cold with up to 3" of snow possible, then cold all week.  Maybe by Wednesday, I'll be able to get back on the track.  It's supposed to be sunny and upper 30ºs on Wed.  Winter is coming quick.   The long term forecast is calling for a fairly cold December but possibly an above average January.

Something really fun about cool weather boating.  Canvass up, turn on the heat, electric blanket at night.  Never cold.   Love being on the water.  Living the good life.





No comments:

Post a Comment