Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Short quality workout

At the Marist track.  Summer heat has finally broken and it's cooler.  50ºs tonight in Sewanee.

I almost bailed on this workout, I think I'll take it to 4 days off between track workouts so I'm closer to 100%.   After warmup, didn't feel quite ready to do a track workout, but after a few strides, I did a little.  Went ok.

Hoka trainers on 
250m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 40m strides 
100m - 13.82 
200m - 28.78 
100m - 13.57

Definitely a long ways from 'running shape.'  After the 200m, I felt like I would after running a mid 60s 400m when in shape.  Originally wanted to do 2 x 200m with 1 min rest, but maybe next time.

Spoke to Alan and he said he fears his track career may be over because of his hamstring.  He also said "volume is the enemy as we age"... what we need is "quality and cross training." 

Was happy to be on the track with the "Birthday Girl"...

1 comment: