Wednesday, January 27, 2016

tempo maintenance

Windy and cold, but sunny at the Dean Hayes track, 35º on Wed morning.  Did a brief tempo workout but was limited by some foot soreness.   I enjoy the MTSU track because the mens room is heated and I can do my stretches in there after my warmup lap.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 31, 30.5, 30.5, 30.5 
2 x 100m accelerations 
I decided to scratch the 400m from this Sunday's meet in Birmingham and signed up for the 60m and 200m.   We'll see how I feel about the 60...  I may play it safe and just run the 200, not sure yet.  The 200m race is a crap shoot because performance depends so much on lane assignment on a banked 200m.   If you have lane 1 or 2, very difficult to run a good time.  The order of preference is 5-6-4-3-2-1.

I also registered for the Samford meet on 2/12-13 also in Birmingham.   It will be good to get one more 400m in before Millrose and Nationals.  Strangely, there was no fee or restrictions, and not even any info or procedure for unattached... but my entry was accepted.  Hopefully, there will be no problem.  Just for the hell of it, I'll ask to enter the Vanderbilt meet, but I'm not optimistic.

144.0 lbs after workout.   This week they take my blood for analysis for next week's annual physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment