Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving butt kicker

Perfect November weather in Sewanee, 65º and sunny.  Able to run shirtless.  My foot felt good today so I upped the volume for my traditional Thanksgiving Day ass kicker.

Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
600m - 1:48 
500m - 83.5 
400m - 63.5 
200m - 27

It was hard.  The last 200m, which I started a bit too fast, left every muscle in my body fatigued and quivering, even my upper body.   I pushed all of them pretty hard, except for the 600.

Weight is just beginning to come off.  I know I need more diet variety but three days in row of one main meal of tuna and salad greens, with cappuccino, dark chocolate, almonds and figs for dessert.  Very satisfying and low carb.

Looking at where I was last year, I'm not too far off.  But I have to start doing some short explosive stuff soon.

Not going to try to race at Vandy next weekend.   Probably won't start til Jan... unless my dad or nephew feels like going to the Armory on 12/26.


No comments:

Post a Comment