Saturday, November 21, 2015

split 400s / 200s

Increasing clouds, breezy and upper 50ºs early pm at the Sewanee track.  Did something a bit different today, a good workout but not as brutal as 3 or 4 x 400 tempo.  I think an overall volume of a modest 1200m for a workout is good for now. That's about all my foot can take.  These crazy 4 x 800 workouts may be a thing of the past.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x split 400s (300m/ rest 1m / 100m) - 45/14.5, 45.5, 14.5 
2 x 200m - 27, 27.5
A bit sore from resistance and just getting started. Still 147 lbs but eating less.  Ate very little today, just a few cappuccinos, some figs and almonds.  I feel the fat softening up, which always happens when I'm burning it.   On my feet a lot doing chores and carpentry outside so, that helps.  Won't be eating Thanksgiving dinner because I'll be alone.  I'm doubtful for the 12/5 Vandy meet, I may be helping a friend move, and I'm really not ready for it.  

Due to a cold snap and the fact that I lost or misplaced my sweatpants, I will probably wait til Wed to get on the track again, but I'll do resistance tomorrow night.




No comments:

Post a Comment