Tuesday, November 24, 2015

300s

Had a hard day of carpentry work and I wasn't up for a grueling tempo workout, but I did work hard and low volume.  Just 3 x 300m with recovery, in spikes at 90%.

Nice day at Sewanee, mid 50ºs, partly cloudy and temperature falling quickly near sunset.
400m warm up, stretches, drills 
Nike R3 spikes on 
3 x 300m - 42.5, 43, 44.5
I didn't have complete rest in between, but a good 10m+ recovery.  Doesn't look like much, but it was hard in my present state.

Some new equipment.  Tried out some Thorlo 84N socks in my warmup.   They are very well cushioned and feel good.  Also, taped my foot in a plantar flexed manner for support.   It seemed to work.  I'm going to try it again.   Dr. Rod said that stiff soled shoes (like sprinter spikes) are actually good in supporting my talonavicular joint.  The drawback is that they have no cushioning.  The taping seems to help a bit as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment