Tuesday, September 2, 2014

2 workouts

With limited time this upcoming week, I did a resistance workout at 10pm last night and a track workout at 7:30 this morning.   Afterward, the morning nap on my deck in Sewanee was like heaven.

I took down the weight and upped the reps since my ham was a bit sore.   Funny but when doing single leg work, it feels like twice as much.
3 x 12  single leg squats with 60 lbs each leg 
3 x 12 single leg step jumps with 60 lbs each leg 
3 x 20 calf raises with 240 lbs both legs 
2 x 15 hip flexor machine with 150 lbs each leg 
3 x 12 glute ham raises
1 x 15 adductor and abductor machine 
2 x 15 pullups

Shade disappearing at 8 am - Sewanee Coughlan Track























Happy to see the Sewanee track still partially shaded at 7:30 this morning, and happy to see the mens room open.   Ran long and hard but not too fast.  I realized that training in spikes does stress my ankle, was sore afterward, so I returned to trainers today.
Saucony trainers on 
500m warmup, stretches, drills 
600m - 1:47 
500m - 87 
400m - 65 
300m - 46
It was really hard.   Felt a bit tight from the weights.  But, my last bit of fat is coming off... it's in the 'jelly stage' now.  Weight is about 144.2 after workout.   'Eating like a bird'.. as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment