Friday, August 15, 2014

on the track, where I stand

Haven't done any sprinting in 7 weeks so I wanted see where I stand.   I didn't bring spikes but that's ok, I laced up the training shoes a bit tighter tonight and ran a 400m before starting my foundation workout.
Saucony Ride trainers on 
600m warmup on grass, stretches, drills 
400m  - 60.5 (29.5, 31) 
2 miles - 14:50
The 400m was good.   Considering I'm 5-6 lbs over weight, running in training shoes, and not full effort... 60 is good.

I hate doing 2 mile runs.   8 laps of the track is no fun.   If it weren't for my timer, I would lose count of the laps.  Boring, taxing, pounding, plodding ... don't like it.   Finding out today that heart disease has a significant tendency in my family, well... it kept me going.

It's been a pretty good week.  Ate very little today and I'm probably down a few pounds, about 145 after workout.  Back to the greens and fish diet.   Cauliflower, spinach and canned tuna tonight.

Saucony Ride trainers

No comments:

Post a Comment