Friday, August 15, 2014

biking, possible late summer & fall meets

My new mountain bike, a series 3 Trek, made it easier to get up Roarks Cove Rd yesterday.   The 21 gears have a particularly low range so, unlike my ancient road bike, I can get up the mountain's toughest spots in 1st gear without bringing my butt off the seat.  Still, it was a good sweat.

Yesterday, felt unrecovered from 2 hard days in a row, but this evening, I want to hit the track, maybe try to pick up the speed a bit.

I'm not in shape to race but I have these possible meets:

Sept. 7- KY State Games 
Sept. 13 - Upper Cumberland District Games 
Sept. 27 - Nashville District Games 
Oct. 18? - Chattanooga District Games

Not sure if I'll do all of these but definitely the last 2.   I do need an off season.   Still haven't put spikes on for 7 weeks.




2 comments:

  1. the application and characterization of your old bike deserves comment. your road bike is old, but classic. you want to ride up hill better, get cleats and decent pedals. if your gear is too big on your road bike, can update crankset with a compact crank set. no need to cop out and use a 21 gear cheap hybrid bike ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. New bike cost more than twice what the old road bike cost. I like toe straps... got 'em on both bikes.

    ReplyDelete