Sunday, August 24, 2014

Long sprint suffering

It was oppressively humid at the Sewanee track this evening.

Had to wait for the football team to finish so I didn't start til sunset. It was in the upper 70ºs with near 100% humidity, light rain ending and a dewpoint about 77º.   Oppressive.   Hard to breathe.

This one hurt...   my first significant interval workout since June.  I normally wouldn't be doing this now but I race in 2 weeks.
Saucony Ride trainers on 
300m warmup on grass, stretches, drills 
3 x 600m - 1:48, 1:53, 1:57 
2 x 200m - 27, 28
It was dark by the time I ran my last 200m.   The 600s were brutal... but the 200s felt free, easy and strong.  Sort of effortless until the last 50m, not tiring until they were over.

I think I'll plan a 3 day pattern of:  1) track, 2) lower body lift, 3) bike /core /upperbody... so I am off the track 2 days in between each running day.   The ankle issue is manageable ... tonight it hurt when beginning the workout, but was fine after the first 50m.  

I dropped 2 lbs during this workout, in the 145's now and am optimistic I'll be at race weight by 9/7.


No comments:

Post a Comment