Tuesday, February 11, 2014

even split 400s

The bad weather never came so I stayed in Murfreesboro for a workout at the Dean Hayes track, sunny, 37º and breezy.

It was a ball buster today.  Unfortunately, my only opportunity for a hard workout before Fri's meet.  Wanted to concentrate on my final 200m form.  It's amazing how easy it is to run the first 200m in 29-30, hardly even raising my heart rate and not even breathing hard... wish the second 200m felt the same.

I tried to maintain even splits of 15/100m, although some were 29/31.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
4 x 400m - 60, 60, 60, 60.5
The second one felt the best.  I took plenty of time between each, 12-15m, but it still was a serious workout.   I was less tired after the second one and I didn't 'bear down' on the last 100m like I did on the first, just stayed relaxed and strode.  I think that is the way to go.

Still pondering the Nationals.   Also, it looks like I've got myself into a Div I meet this Friday.  Kind of silly.   Will no doubt be seconds into last place, unless some stragglers show up.

Weight is good, 141.2 after workout.  Same old glute hip issue, but not bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment