Sunday, October 28, 2012

New workout venue

At Saint Andrews track in Sewanee on Sunday, late morning, it was a cold windy day.   48º but feeling colder.

It was a diappointing workotut.  I had hoped to do 4 x 600m and then some, but my times dropped off so badly, I got fatigued and quit.

The 6 lane track red track at St. Andrews School is hard, unlike the University track.  I didn't really enjoy running on it.  It is at one of the highest points in town, so it felt desolate, windy and unprotected.  Even after my warmup I was still cold.





800m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
3 x 600m -  1:49, 1:58, 2:07 
4 min rest

A similar workout last June I would have averaged 10+ sec faster.   However, I rarely kept disciplined rest intervals last season.

May go back out Tues or Wed.

No comments:

Post a Comment