Saturday, September 16, 2023

tempo 100s on turf

Finally getting cooler, but still in the 70ºs during the day.   Due to student use of the track area, I went to the turf soccer field.  A slight up from last workout.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m 

6x100m w/ 30 rest - avg ~ 16.6

It was ok, pushed the heart rate close to max.  Nothing like I was doing a year ago, I was doing 3x300 tempo, and speed endurance close to 400m race pace, and an occasional 600m.  I was also about 3 or 4 lbs less.  I hope to get there by end of Sept.  

I bought another pair of Rincon 3s on Ebay.  For some reason they're slightly heavier than my present 2 pair by 0.35 oz.   Been thinking about returning them and trying the Rocket X2, which are slightly heavier (about 1/2 oz) but have a slightly higher forefoot stack, more advanced cushioning material, and a carbon plate.   They are ridiculously priced at $250, double that of the Rincon 3.  

Hanging around 144 lbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment