Monday, September 4, 2023

Row

My first gym workout, I did a brief conditioning workout on the rower and some weights.  It was fairly hard since I suck at rowing.

Concept 2 rower

5 x 500m w/ 1 min rest - 2:00, 2:05, 2:04, 2:05, 2:07 - 2:04.4 avg / 40 spm 

Unfortunately, foot was sore after the rower, probably due more to the hike yesterday.  I wonder if I should take a full week off and do nothing with the foot before trying to run, or allow the body to adapt to the task as always.

Was 144.5 lbs after waking up.    

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the rower. Bummer about the foot. You can play with foot placement and heel elevation and try to push through the heel as opposed to the ball of your foot as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also bring in shims to put under your heel to enable pushing through the heel.

    ReplyDelete