Monday, May 2, 2022

tempo 4x300

Another perfect day in Sewanee and my first day at the lake and first brief swim.  It was in the upper 70ºs today and beautiful.  But as I awoke from my preworkout nap, thundershowers were closing in.  But I got it done.  Finally, got 4x300 w/ 3min rest in.  Not fast, so quantity over quality now.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100

4 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 52.25, 52.07, 53.68, 51.93 (avg 52.48)

2 x 60 yd sprints w/ 45 lbs ~ 12.1-12.2

I really just wanted to get 4 in so I was really not pushing until the last one.  A long ways to go.  If this was my physical shape on June 1, I'd give it up for Finland.  I expect these times to start coming down after I get into speed work.  4 min after my heart rate was about 144 which is much better than last set.   Progress from my first set of 3 which was just 0.25 faster on avg.  Again, at my peak last season, 4x300 w/ 2:30 rest at 48.1.   No way I'll get there, but maybe w/ 3 min in 6 or 7 weeks.  

Started to rain toward the end so I did just 2x60yd weight pulls.   Feel better after this workout, body has tolerated it better since I ran within my means.  Did feel the injury slightly, maybe because the cold water swim sprint I did, using muscles I haven't used in a while, not to mention the cold water.  Probably in the 60ºs.   

Yesterday, did single leg squats, abs, bands, pullups, etc...

Still weight to lose.  141.3 lbs after workout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment