Friday, May 27, 2022

shake out

After a day of rest, felt much better this evening at the track.  A cool 60º at the Sewanee track this evening with clearing skies.  Got out to just stretch and do a little light running. Didn't take my sweats off, but I did put my spikes on for one short sprint just to see how they felt.  Felt ok.  Will probably use my Xmas tree spikes tomorrow if they don't feel too sticky on the track.  

 Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, roller, 2 x 100

Maxfly spikes on

80m strider on the turn

It feels weird and a bit anxious that my very first race of the year is now at the very end of May.  Last year, after running 4 indoor meets, this weekend was my 5th outdoor meet (and it wasn't a good one, ran 59).

It's basically a youth meet and just a few masters.  I'll essentially be running alone, because there are only 2 masters, me and David who is no slouch - World 200m Silver medalist in Spain, but he's M70 and probably won't run under 64 sec.  I can see him scratching the 400m. 

Astonishingly, they never posted a meet schedule on Coacho, and my email request for one was ignored.  I had to ask other competitors and look it up on Milesplit.  Anyway, conditions look awesome for the meet.  72º and not super windy at race time.  I'm hoping for a 58, which has been typical of my season openers.  Last yr my first 2 outings were frustrating because I rigged badly in both, running 58.47, and 58.33.  I'm feeling positive but I know I'm only into my 5th week of training, and I know I don't have the last 50m yet.  I have just 5 weeks left including a taper before worlds, so really just 4 weeks of full scale hard work.  

My weight is good, should be just below 140 lbs for the race.  



No comments:

Post a Comment