Thursday, May 12, 2022

500, 400. Committed to WMAC

Very warm at noon with the temperature pushing 80º in Sewanee with light winds.  I thought I might run 2 x 500m but settled with a neg split 400m as my second run.  I finished off with 2 weight pulls.  Doesn't seem like much,  and it isn't compared to last season, but it felt like it.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100m

500m - 81.63 (64.10 / 17.53)

400m (neg split) - 64.47 (33.89, 31.18)

2 x 60yd - sprints on turf w/45 lbs

Not too bad of an effort, it's coming.  But looking back, early April last yr I ran 2x600, 500, and a split 400 all in the same workout.  Later that month I did 3x500 with the first 2 in 78.3, 78.4.   The limiting factor now is my perpetually sore foot more than the ham issue, plus my overall condition and making these workouts very tough mentally and physically.  But I have a motivator.   I committed to Finland.

I bought my ticket to Tampere, sent in my uniform request, registered for the Masters Exhibition in Eugene, and received a travel grant from USATF for Finland.   The next day I read in the news, "Russia threatens Finland over NATO bid."   Nice.  I did get the Expedia trip insurance so I can get a refund in case of injury, but it doesn't cover war or terrorism.  

Haven't yet bought a ticket to Eugene yet.  Doubtful I'll be in shape to run sub 2:20 by then, so chances of winning are minimal, especially with Dan K. in there who recently set the M60 WR in the mile.  

140.9 lbs after workout.

Traveling now so probably won't return to the track til Monday.  Slight possibility for Sunday night, but probably won't make it in time.

I now have a tentative proposed schedule of meets in the sidebar for 2022.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment