Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Last hard one - tempo 300s

Sunny, mid 70ºs after the rain in mid afternoon.  Wet track, humid, with a south wind.   The oval office was hard today.   Maybe because of the previous hard workout or maybe a bit lean and under fueled, but it felt hard...which may be an indication that I needed it.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2 x 100m

4 x 300m, 200m w/  6 min rest -  45.79, 45.53, 45.88, 48.12, (200m) 33.05

I couldn't get 5, I bailed on the last one.   My times started going down with #4 and I know it would have been 50+ with #5.   So, not my best tempo set.  Way slower than the previous 2 sets of 5x300 w/6, and I couldn't finish it ... the previous one was a month ago.  I hope I haven't lost foundation.   No explanation, but this was just a hard day, due to my previous hard day.   I wasn't expecting a PR for this set because of the wet track and wind up the home stretch, but still.  From the first one, it felt a little labored.  After I finished, I felt OK like I could have done more.  

But... that's it.  Nothing hard between now and Nationals, except the 400m race on Sat with the kids.  Just tapering with some high speed low volume stuff, blocks, and lot's of injury preventative prehab.  Caution with good warmups.  No time for an injury.

Exceptionally light today, 137.4 lbs after workout.  Maybe a little too light.

Last hard day at the office:







Weather for Nationals

Forecast for Ames, IA for the first 2 days of the meet, the 400m semis and final.... sunny, brutally hot, 90º with a heat index in the low to mid 90ºs, not much chance of rain.     It's be similar in Huntsville this Sat, but more humid and more cloudy.

Going to need to take some cooling gear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment