Thursday, July 29, 2021

Back to the office

Today is expected to be the hottest day of the year, pushing 100º in Chattanooga, 90º up here on the mountain.  Today I'm planning to do the big bike climb up Raccoon mtn with Bill M.   He's free earlier in the evening so we'll be doing it during the hottest part of the day.  

Yesterday, I returned to running.  Last Sunday, when I ran the 200m, I was quite sore with an anterior left issue and afterward, a right quad.  I'm amazed at how quickly those issues faded and how good my running felt on Wed.  I didn't do anything fast, no turns, and I stayed on turf.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2 x 100m

10 x 100m on turf w/ 30 sec rest ~ 16.5 sec

Again, felt fine.  No pains or strains.  I probably could've done a big tempo set, but I'll ease into that as I decide whether to race in Toronto.  It's still up in the air, and the border situation may be fluid.  I'd hate to get into Canada then be barred from leaving.

Weight holding steady, 139.3 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment