Wednesday, March 25, 2020

WMAC Canceled, just stretching my legs

Yesterday it became official, the World Masters Championship, Toronto 2020, is canceled.  However, USATF Nationals in July are still on as of now, and the TN Sr Games in June have sent me a flyer asking me to register and pay my fees.  If I do get a race this summer, I won't know for about a month if it'll happen.  These races are waiting to make their decisions.   I still think if I see any racing this summer, it'll likely be end of summer, but we'll see.

Went to the track today on a beautiful evening.  About 62º and sunny, late afternoon.  Managed to forget my bag and timer, so Roya and I just did 2 laps, sprinting the straights, walking the turns, then a short hike.  Just as well since I felt a little foot pain and will be off tomorrow, have to teach on line most of the day.   Thurs looks perfect, and Friday looks like our first really warm day, could be near 80º.   The wildflowers should be really popping early this year, our last freeze was March 6.  If we don't get one more, that will be extremely early for a last frost.  No rain til Tues and warm temps with next chance of rain Tues and a return to cooler weather, but not freezing. 

I ran the 100s fairly briskly.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 100m ~ 13-14 sec

As it gets warm, it's going to be hard to do the toiling foundation, instead of just getting out and doing fast low volume.  I love getting out there shirtless and tearing around the track.  Have to take the long view.  Doubt I'll see any racing in the next 10-12 weeks.  But you never know how this pandemic will play out.  So far, it looks bad.

Healthy and light 143.3 lbs after workout.  Drinking a lot of Jura cappuccinos, toast in the morning, one small to moderate meal in the evening, cappuccino and chocolate for dessert.  I've set up my glute bands, have 40lb dumbells, some new resistance bands ... need to workout in between my lessons tomorrow and look forward to doing some recordings.

The creek outside is roaring and I took the cycle to the lake today, and it's full again, the outflow was quite a cascade (photo below).  There were tornado warnings in the vicinity last night, and my Gr Level2 analyst software showed definite rotation at the base of Roark's Cove Rd and in Monteagle, but save for a few trees down, no real evidence of tornado damage.

Won't be long before I'm doing exactly what I did last spring.  Swimming, biking, boating. 

8 months before indoor season starts.






No comments:

Post a Comment