Friday, March 27, 2020

More quality, warm day

Record warmth today in Sewanee, 81º.  Very windy on the bluff but just a slight breeze late afternoon on the track.  Such a wonderful warm breeze continues this evening.  

I did fast stuff with full rest.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
300m - 42.20 
200m - 26.06 
150m - 19.37 
100m - 12.95 
2 x 150m on turf w/45 sec rest ~ 22-23

I did all the sprints with a 2-3 step rolling start except the 100m, I started from the line.

It was hard and I wanted to do more, but my body said no.  I feel like the lack of foundation and especially lack of tempo workouts has compromised my fitness a bit.  Thinking I should scale back and go to every 3rd day on the track, but a warm day like today was hard to resist running fast.  Probably be good to get back on turf, do some form/technique work, some cross training, biking, hiking.

Got my 'home gym' set up.  Can do glute work and squats, upper body, and core.   More strengthening, less running would be good for the next few weeks before I decide if Nationals will be canceled or postponed.  I hope they don't make a decision too soon.  

I ate light today.   Went to bed last night at 148 lbs.  Was 143.3 lbs after workout.  Looking forward to swimming at the lake but it won't be soon... today was just a summer teaser.  Much cooler weather is coming next week, mid 50ºs day, 40º at night.  Maybe have some porch fires.  

Had a nice wildflower hike yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment