Monday, November 4, 2019

I can run

First time on the track in 3 weeks.  Did just one 800m nothing fast.   My plantar fasciitis is almost gone.  I can effectively run foundation stuff for the near term without exacerbating the plantar fasciitis.   It only stresses my foot when I do high speed work on my toes, especially running turns, and especially wearing spikes ... which I probably won't attempt til spring.  So, I'll be doing these nasty 800s again for a while.   Knowing I would only do just one today, it was a good hard effort considering my lack of running fitness.    Overall, my feet felt much better after this 3 weeks away from the track.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
800m - 2:41.5
I K-taped my foot, used fresh thick socks,  insert in my newer Clifton 3s ... every trick to protect my foot.  It felt ok.  It was as fast as any foundation run I've done this fall so I hope to do 2x800m next Monday.  My first 400 was probably 10 seconds faster than my second.  The last 300m was pretty miserable, but I made it to the end without dropping out.

I've been doing a fair amount of glute strengthening and bike training.  I'll be at it again tonight, we'll see how that translates to speed but I don't expect to do anything fast until this plantar fasciitis is gone completely.   Could be at least a few more weeks.  800s suck, but are necessary. 

Still thinking about training for the 300m hurdles.  I have all the equipment and opportunity.  The hurdles will be indoor for the winter and I may try some when this foot is 100%.

My weight is OK and I know I say this all the time, but I really think I could be 5 lbs lighter based on my fat content.  Far from lean but I am light, but that's just because I'm empty.  144.9 lbs after workout.






2 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I've checked your blog. Glad to see that things are progressing in a positive direction. Presently, I'm dealing with Piriformis Syndrome. Literally a "pain in the butt!" I have been working out with and helping to coach the track team at Maryville University, here in St. Louis, and found out last night, that I can receive free treatment from the physiotherapist that works with the team each week. She has a plan in place to help me, beginning next week! Also, I can enter meets "unattached" and run against those college kids. I will undoubtedly get beat, but they should push me to run fast times :). Will be good to see you back and healthy for the outdoor season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good Bill …. continue cautiously!!

    ReplyDelete