Monday, November 25, 2019

Tomorrow

Had planned to start my weekly track workouts today but I'm going to wait til tomorrow.  My feet are feeling better than they have in a long time and I want to go to the track feeling as close to healthy as possible.  My plantar fasciitis is much improved, only feel it when I'm carrying 70 lbs of firewood up the stairs, after heel raises with weight, or after a long time on my feet.  It's 90% healed at this point.  Sleeping with the boot has helped.

Beautiful weather today and tomorrow.  Highs in the 60's.   To make sure I don't reinjure tomorrow, will just run an easy 800m and nothing more.

I've been fairly steady in my workouts since coming back to Sewanee on Friday night.  Have been in the gym Sat, Sunday.   Early afternoon bike ride then Stairmaster and weights on Sat.,  bike up Roarks Cove Rd on Sunday.   The Sat. afternoon bike ride was a painful adventure.  Was a rainy day and I waited for the rain to stop.  It seemed to clear early afternoon so I went out for my usual 6 mile ride including some hills.  I got halfway and the temperature dropped into the low 40ºs with heavy wind and rain.  I was freezing when I got back.

Today I will be back in the weight room but easy on my feet.

Was on sort of a binge last week with bread and not a good diet.  Now a bit heavy, 147-148ish so will look to improve there as well.  No more bread.

Also, lately I've been playing more guitar and will hopefully be preparing for a concert in Feb. if my hand stays healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment