Tuesday, November 26, 2019

I'm ok!

Not 100% healed but well on my way.  The plantar fasciitis is almost gone.  I can still feel it but it's fading.  First time on the track in 7 days. 

Nice day in Sewanee.  58º and clouding up, breezy with a headwind on the homestretch.  I did what I came to do, nothing more and my foot feels fine.   Both feet feel better than in weeks.  Still not pain free but much better, may never be pain free.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
50m strider on grass 
800m - 2:45

I didn't kill myself on this one.  It was still hard enough though, as I took it fairly easy, only putting effort into the last 100m.   I felt a little pain on the warmup lap and it never got worse.  I felt fine after the 800m, almost zero pain.  I wanted to do more but I think I need to get back out on the track again sooner than later so I shut it down til next time.  I should easily be able to run again in 4 or 5 days.  Probably Sunday or Monday.  I have a tradition of training on Thanksgiving, but maybe not this yr. 

I skipped the gym last night so I'll be going tonight.  Besides weights, I'll do stairmaster probably.  I'm upping the stretching and flexibility, spending more time at the gym with that.

My knee seems completely healed. 100%, but of course it hasn't been tested at full speed.  I don't expect to do anything close to full speed probably til next year.  I want to ease into this, preserve and protect. 

A bit heavy at about 147 after workout. 

Where is my lane 6?



No comments:

Post a Comment