Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Modest strengthening, a little running

I hit the track today to do a little exercise, far from a real workout.  I did two 100m warmup runs on grass then my usual drills and stretching.  Then I did sets of body weight strengthening exercises including double and single leg squats, step ups, lunges, etc...

I then went to the hill, ran a 100m felt ok.  Then after the second one I started feeling a bit of swelling behind my knee so I stopped with that.  It was enough work to cause a bit of muscular soreness today the day after. 
Hoka trainers on 
200m warmup on grass, stretches, drills 
double and single leg squats, step ups, lunges 
2 x 100m hill runs
I am really out of shape and know that it's going to be a long road back if I ever do get back.  No mri results yet.  Now 3 weeks since the injury and it's still a factor.  I'm feeling no knee pain today, just muscular soreness so that's a good thing. 

I would say I'm doubtful for the upcoming indoor season at this point.  This is the least I've run in years and it's easy to get into the regime of NOT training.   I think it has also had detrimental effects on my weight, strength, and general health as I have taken weeks to fight off a cold which is unusual.  Hanging right around 150 lbs and trying to eat better.  Looking forward to some time off during Thanksgiving week and the weekends before and after.  I hope to be running foundation by then.

I was talking with Sue M., a many time Nat'l masters champion sprinter who has been out for a year due to spinal problems.   We talked about making the transition out of masters track.  I hope that doesn't happen for me, bit its always possible.


1 comment:

  1. Not "out of master's track" but from master's track TO SOME NEW ADVENTURE that you haven't had the time to pursue.

    ReplyDelete