Sunday, April 15, 2018

back, sort of

Back to the track for my first real track workout in a month.  I didn't do much but I felt ok.  Bad weather, 45º, breezy, cloudy, damp, track was wet.  To give myself maximum protection, I warmed up in my older Hokas and put fresh padded socks and my new Hokas on when I started my sprints.  I used the plantar inserts for extra padding.  The feet felt ok.  The plantar issue seemed almost gone but the right foot was a bit sore after the 700m of sprints.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
200m - 28 
300m - 45.5 
200m - 29
I ran the 200s the opposite way.  The 300 felt hard.  I'm probably not able to run a sub 60 right now.  When I get this out of shape, the difficulty transcends simple fatigue into a sickly feeling.  Nothing takes the place of this type of training.  Overall, it went well compared to last week.  Well enough that I may go out again on Tues.  I really need some foundation.  Like some 600s.

Of all the plantar inserts I've tried, the cheapest $8 Profoot ones seem to be the best.  Some people spend $80+ for custom inserts. 

145.9 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment