Friday, April 27, 2018

800m + stadium stairs

I'm really in poor shape still.  Today really drove the point home.  Beautiful morning at the MTSU track, mid 50ºs and sunny.  I met Jacob and we warmed up and ran an 800m before hitting the stadium stairs.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches 
800m - 2:46 (83, 83) 
15 x stadium stairs 
My 800m was pathetic.  I thought I could break 2:40 but didn't come close.  Jacob ran 72-78 splits, my last 100 must have taken me 21+ sec.  Pathetic.  I'm just too heavy and have lost any foundation I had built up in Jan.  I was definitely in better shape in Jan when I ran 57.02 at Vandy.  My foot has not allowed me to get the volume in.  Taking 4 weeks off the track is costly.  At least I have another month before I race.  It'll probably be 2 or 3 weeks before I attempt anything in spikes.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep doing 2 foundation workouts a week, and maybe one quality speed workout.

The stairs were hard as usual, we'll see how I feel tomorrow from them.

146.8 lbs after workout.  I can feel I'm carrying an extra 5 lbs.  Although I'm off the bread, I've developed an almond butter habit.  I have to knock that off to lose this last 5 lbs.  Always the hardest.  As usual, I have to do some fasting to get to my race weight.  Once there, easier to maintain.

No comments:

Post a Comment