Thursday, October 23, 2014

speed

Tonight felt good, invigorating.  Upper 50ºs at the Dean Hayes track tonight after sunset. Brad and Jacob came out to join me for some short speed work.

Got the spikes on tonight.  I started with a near race pace 300m and then some short repeats at near 100%.
400m warmup, stretches, drills, striders 
Saucony Showdown spikes on 
300m - 40.5 
7 x 50m - 90-95% 
100m - 12.5
I need to do more speed workouts like this one.  The explosive element needs to be practiced and I did feel fast tonight, despite weighing 148 lbs.    Maybe Jacob wasn't trying very hard tonight but I beat him in every rep.   The last 100m felt strong an I started it on a beep from a set position without blocks.   It was not timed precisely but was definitely under 13.  Good way to end the evening.  Felt high afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment