Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The 200 it is


A beautiful first day of the year, low 50sº and sunshine on the Dean Hayes track today.  It was my second consecutive day on the track so, with my sore hip issue, I just did some brief speed work and quite a few starts.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Puma Bolt spikes on 
2 x 50m striders 
2 x 50m from blocks on the turn 
100m from blocks on the turn - 13.5 
200m from blocks - 26 
5 starts from blocks
I ran the 200m with a start command beep at about full speed.  The hip was sore by workout's end.    Although it hurts a bit, it doesn't seem to affect my speed too much, just my workouts.  

I guess I'm just going to race the 200m on Sunday.   I also signed up for the 55m, but may not do it. The AL meet on 1/10 looks like it's NOT open to unattached,  so the next opportunity to race would be in Lexington, KY on the 18th, which is not as convenient a time, since I have obligations at school on the 16th and 19th.   Probably just as well.   I may take the month off from competition and I'm thinking this indoor season will be a bust for me.  I can trace this hip issue to a resistance workout on 11/17.   Now that it has persisted 6 weeks, I guess it's time to stop training with the pain and let it heal after this race.  I haven't taken more than 3 days off since the injury... and after 3 days, it almost goes away.  Don't want this dogging me through the outdoor season.

Training is great when everything is working.   But not now.  Need to take the long view.   Will be 2 years before national indoor at M55, one year before outdoor M55.

142.8 lbs after workout and I've eaten next to nothing since arriving back in TN.   Will be doing some mild resistance work and core on tomorrow.  Shoot, it's my vacation, I should be enjoying it.   Shifting my focus to music with concerts coming up.

The start.






1 comment: